FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules for Open Jaw & Stopover Award Flights (Consolidated)
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:10 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by car94102
I just booked an award ticket for next summer:
ATH-IST
IST-JFK
overnight in JFK for less than 11 hours
JFK-SFO (8 AM flight)
All in Business (I) on Turkish and UA

The United agent says the computer prices this trip out at 67,500 per person. I told the agent it should be 50,000 miles per person because it's an international itinerary and because the connection in JFK is less than 24 hours. The agent, who didn't seem the most skilled, said that because of the overnight connection and because I didn't select the 6 AM flight from JFK to SFO, the cost is 67,500 miles. (Note: there was no award availability on the 6 AM flight)..

My question for the Flyertalk experts: am I correct in believing the journey should be just 50,000 miles per person? Or is there a new rule about connection time on international award tickets? .If I am correct, I'll try calling again with the hope of getting an agent more skilled at award ticket booking..
One ways have their own set of rules. I was able to find a IST-LAX-SFO with a 5h 40m layover on 1/15/14 so I edited out my previous response

Last edited by craz; Oct 22, 2013 at 2:16 pm