FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta360 for HVC DM's
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:38 pm
rylan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bubbashow
LOL - here we go.

What part of "our most-valuable customers will be treated as such" doesn't FT understand? If you don't make the cut, you don't make the cut. The folks with this spend DESERVE EVERYTHING they get - AT THE EXPENSE of those that don't.

Now...let's follow true FT form and start the "I'd come back to DL if they offered this to me" threads....and how about the "DL doesn't recognize my spend" threads.
Yes yes we know anything DL does must be blindly accepted. Sorry, but the point is about not diluting benefits that we already have just because somebody who flies and spends a lot just misses getting into the super secret tier. If good customer service is stripped from the DM tier and only focused on the top 1% or whatever, then it is a net loss and devaluation of benefits from the program.

I'm glad you don't run a business where customer service is important. DL has done well with their cs for its elites, and a lot of pax stick with DL now because of that despite other devaluations. If they pull a UA as mentioned and we find out that some of the 'DM only' benefits go poof, there will be even less reason to be "loyal". Catering to only the top tiny fraction while alienating everyone else is not a viable long term business model.