FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eight Seat FC
Thread: Eight Seat FC
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2013, 7:10 am
tucsnaz

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by radiowell
And then there is AA. AA is still in bankruptcy. I don't care how AA supporters drum up how great things are now with the record profits, AA is still in bankruptcy.
Yes, AA is still in bankruptcy, but US has been there twice with DUI Dougie. AA also has a pile of cash on hand that said CEO really would like to get his hands on. US has limited options without AA.

But if the merger happens, I would not be at least a bit surprised if some AA EXP abuses or even PHYSICALLY ASSAULTS an US elite because of the PERCEIVED lack of upgrade. It sounds silly, but it could happen. I am not joking. People have been attacked for any and all stupid reasons, so what will stop them now?
I just came over to US board today to see what the US Elites were saying about the merger. At least on the AA board there is engaging conversation. Here I find outrageous generalizations that imply that AA EXP's thugs.

For the record most of my upgrades aren't free as I often fly paid F or use my AAirpass, which due to the cost often does get me an upgrade. When it doesn't come through I happily take my seat in Y because that's what I ultimately paid for.

Interesting...
Not really interesting at all.