FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eight Seat FC
Thread: Eight Seat FC
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:24 am
radiowell

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
The last 3 posts sorta prove my point...

If you start getting fewer free upgrades, who are you going to go to - the other legacies are already worse for upgrades than US from what I read here.

Foreign travelers, if on paid tickets, aren't normally paying for all or even most of the FC seats. Otherwise ya'll wouldn't be getting all those upgrades.

I didn't say they'd eliminate FC. Just that every FC seat handed out free carries a cost and US seems to hand out a pretty high percentage of FC seats. Take one row of FC out, put a coach row in and the 1st two rows of coach (12 seats) become US' version of E+. They still have a minimum of 8 FC seats to sell and still give away any not sold or going to full Y fare purchasers.

Leave Envoy alone if they sell enough of the seats on average.

Jim
You are absolutely right. Where are we going to turn to if we are unhappy with our current program? At least for the legacies, we are faced with the following choices: UA with their ToD and other problems, DL with SkyPesos (and their deteriorating relationship with SkyTeam partners, and as a frequent trans pac flier, I cannot have them having any problem with KE). And then there is AA. AA is still in bankruptcy. I don't care how AA supporters drum up how great things are now with the record profits, AA is still in bankruptcy.

You will find the meanest, vilest comment on the AA forum. Particularly when it comes to merger and upgrades. One poster there made a mistake of calling EXP upgrade a "freebie," and he/she is beat up like there is no tomorrow. I mean the attack is so vile it is getting personal. And the merger. I am not going into details what they say about it; many of you already encountered them. You should see how some AA EXPs look down on US. They even attack anyone who gives any business to US (like US elites) for supporting a "crooked organization."

For the record, I am against the merger, and I made it clear on other posts. I am a strictly a consumer, and I want competition. But if the merger happens, I would not be at least a bit surprised if some AA EXP abuses or even PHYSICALLY ASSAULTS an US elite because of the PERCEIVED lack of upgrade. It sounds silly, but it could happen. I am not joking. People have been attacked for any and all stupid reasons, so what will stop them now?

I heard that 90% of FC seats for all domestic airlines are upgrades, and I actually didn't believe it at first, but there are more evidence to suggest it (may be not true for US since the F fare is cheaper). This post from UA basically sums up why elites are so spoiled by upgrades (and why airlines try not to fly wide bodies, domestically)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21631514-post49.html

Interesting...