FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eight Seat FC
Thread: Eight Seat FC
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:51 pm
radiowell

Eight Seat FC

I am browsing other forums, and people absolutely loathe the 8-seat FC planes. It just happens that most 8-seat FC planes are A319 (UA and AA), so they direct their hatred towards A319 (it's uncomfortable! it's MX prone!). I just find it so funny that they blame the aircraft's comfort and safety record and come up with all kinds of reasons to attack the poor plane, when the reality is that they can't upgrade!

As US has the most A319s, may be in the world, I laugh at the comments about how A319 is a deathtrap or worse (seriously, look at the AA forum and see their discussion about A319).

Thankfully, US doesn't have the 8 FC planes (yet). I know they had 737/757 with 8 FC seats, but I don't know if they still exist?

But I am afraid that this may be where domestic configuration is headed. No more freebies to elites. I recently booked a UA domestic F on A319, and after I booked, it is now down to F2, for a flight that is 6 months away! No upgrades for you. They must hate me over there, the reason I am posting it over here