FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:34 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

It is my understanding from a CSR that, (like our wiki says), when you have a lot of credit extended to you, you will no longer get instant approvals. I have 3 personal cards with high credit limits, and 3 business cards-- 2 with high limits, one with $1000 limit.

The most recent biz app was not instantly approved, and could not be approved without input from a higher tier management person. It took a couple of calls to get it scooting along. The CSR said it was because I have exceeded the amount of credit line that I could have without a manual over-ride. So it looks like until I cancel one of my high CL cards and wait for the CL to free up (the voices of experience say the CL goes into limbo for a few months), is this scenario doomed to repeat itself with every app?

And, like numerous mentions a page or so ago, I have a spend requirement to make ($3000) on a $1000 CL. Big hassle! I"m going to call later today to see if I can move a BUSINESS cl to another business credit card. Any body have any luck with that?