FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:35 pm
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by wildchartermage
No need to be sarcastic here. I was trying to be careful, double-check, and not to mess up whenever I deal with this stuff for the first time before I place that recon call.
Preparing for the recon call is a good thing. Since these issues affect your credit score, and that score is so important in life today, you are smart to do your homework.

What I recommend is to have all the information regarding your savings and the money from your parents available and have a straightforward conversation with the recon agent. Say this is the money I have, this is where I get it from, and this is my financial situation. Can you help me out?

If you are denied for this card, I would also ask the agent if they have the authority to approve you for a student card with the same pull. I really have no idea if this can be done or not, but if it was me I would give it a shot.

My most important advice here is to be very polite in the conversation. I have found in life that when I am respectful to people, they are more likely to be respectful in return. I am sure these agents talk to a lot of upset people everyday. The agent will be more likely to go out of their way to help you if you are nice to them.

Good Luck!