FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:36 am
wildchartermage

Originally Posted by jeanie
That is incorrect. Your bank balance is not income. There is a box to check to verify that you do have a checking/savings/moneymarket account.

Most credit card companies have student credit cards to build credit histories. It sounds like you do not have enough income to qualify for the AAdvantage cards yet if you are honest about your income level. But that is actually normal for students. Try the Forward or Dividend card from Citi. They are designed for students.
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
wildchartermage - definitely call reconsideration, ask for the card, correct your income (income, not assets) if needed, and be aware that most premium credit cards require higher credit limits ($2000 for this one AFAIK, $5000 for many others) than any sensible bank would extend to someone with 10K income. Do not lie about your income, but money that you receive and have full access to in the form of grants, etc. may count. If you get turned down, you may want to ask if you qualify for the Gold level card.

Oh, and welcome to flyertalk! Please don't post the same message in multiple threads
Hey guys! Thanks!

Does the money given to me by my parents, sponsor, and the fellowship grants I receive my university count as income? Some of that income that goes into my bank accounts goes towards to paying for my tuition and other school-related expenses (is that okay?). If so, that would push it up to at least $30K (in addition to the income I earned working)

Last edited by wildchartermage; Oct 17, 2013 at 11:43 am