FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about SQ826 service
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:39 am
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
Hi all,
1. I'll be in J class so I'll have lounge access. When is the best time to enter the lounge to have dinner? Is it possible to exit the lounge and then re-enter (I would like to explore the airport as I heard great things about it)? I would like to take a shower before the flight as well - is this pretty straightforward to arrange? Is there only 1 lounge to choose from - if not, which is the best?
You can have dinner at any time during the evening, but IMHO probably best time is around 9pm - when the lounge empties (somewhat) after the first wave of Australasian departures (which depart around 9pm), but before the lounge becomes really busy with European/second wave Australian/North Asia departures. You can enter multiple times, and even lounge hop between the lounges in T3 (where you will be departing) and T2 (which is accessible via Skytrain + 5 min walk). Showers are relatively easy to arrange, but for no wait try for less busy period. Lounges in T2 & T3 are similar, but T2 lounge will be much quieter due to less late evening departures.

Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
2. What type of meal service is normal on this flight (I assume there's no service at the beginning, only the end?)
The service, I think, will be supper/breakfast service, where you can chose to eat either upon departure or before arrival. There should be one main meal choice plus lighter (supper) and breakfast choices. If you want to guarantee a main meal - look at doing Book the Cook via meal selection in your booking on the SQ website (or via phone or travel agent). (google it or search this forum for more details).