FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:18 pm
meecal

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I'm sorry to hear that. It is moronic of the Philippines to do this, but they are sometimes more governed by politics than logic. My travels there in the past have made me very paranoid about rules when moving around their system.

My brother once was almost denied boarding in MNL because the local office couldn't find his reservation, even though the carrier had the reservation and he was able to produce a boarding pass.

Good luck on your honeymoon!
Yea, perhaps this was some sort of divine intervention. The fact that this part of the trip could be rained out as August is rainy season in Philippines was starting to worry me. Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. Not sure what our new honeymoon itinerary will be though as the Philippines was a nice intermediate stop between Hawaii and South Africa. Now the whole Asia/Africa part of the trip is in jeopardy. Grrr.