FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FTU Tampa
Thread: FTU Tampa
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:23 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Beckles
Sounds like a discovery from our Blue Martini sessions that followed our Shula's sessions last time we were in Tampa together koko ...
+1, you forgot "Kettles" on your list ...
+1, and the beer towers by the pool are definitely beneficial for lubricating the conversation.
Here's my perspective, back in the day I would go to a Do and hang out with some people talk about jobs, sports, current events, families, food, booze, and even some travel and the purpose of FT was to get the maximum value of the airline, hotel, and rental car loyalty programs. Now the vocal minority of FT is obsessed with shamelessly extracting every last ounce of value from the airlines, hotels, and rental car companies and that is often the first and last thing they want to talk about, and no doubt that's in part due to the way some have turned it in to a career instead of a hobby (back in the day Randy was the only one who had made a career out of it ...). Now I sound like an old coot longing for the good ole' days I know ...
Good times. Good times. Speaking of which, you and Kim should come to Vegas this weekend. I promise Lisa and will not NOT make out at the craps tables as much as last time.

And good analysis, one 'old coot' to another.