FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Downgrade Compensation Offer Question
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:17 pm
divjan

Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11
I was involuntarily downgraded on a United Award ticket on Thai Air Royal First Class to business class in the beginning of August on a FRA to BKK flight. This led to myself and wife sitting in different classes of the plane.

Per the advice of the gate agent, I contacted Thai Air for compensation and today I received an email which stated, "
With regard to your Downgrading Compensation, we have asked our Los Angeles office to arrange payment to you in the amount of USD300".

Does anyone think this is fair or unfair based on their experiences or what they heard and what is the best way to handle this to request a more favorable offer?

I appreciate your input.
First of all you should be lucky that they even contacted you about a award ticket downgrade

You will not be able to get any more money from TG, this is pretty much a standard downgrade (at least for awards tickets) comp.....i am not well versed with EU comp downgrade rules and not sure if there is anything there to fight

though i am sure the our presiding Mr/Ms/Mrs somkiat self proclaimed Plutonium member will try to disprove your statement and insist that you are lying about downgrade offers on award tickets.....but i will leave that up to him/her to elaborate and chime in on this