FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:12 am
flygirl89

Hey guys. I posted on the other thread too. I really hope someone on this site can help. I am studying aviation management BSC and for undergrad thesis chose registered travel schemes. My title was along the lines of how the different schemes affects passengers coming into the UK from countries outside the EEA . I wonder is this a good enough research question? What is the main problems that the passengers face with the schemes? I really don't know that much about the registered travel schemes aside from some info I've read on the Border Agency site e.g. about how IRIS is going to be decommissioned and some module slides too about the different schemes in different countries. I wanted to do a topic within the aviation security sector and this was the only topic under the sector the personal tutor made me feel confident I could do for an undergrad thesis. According to the slides I read from a student that did the presentation there were 8 different schemes worldwide and the countries using them apart from UK are: Malaysia, Portugal, Singapore,Hong Kong, Netherland and Australia. I'm still trying to think of a suitable title. My main questions are:
1. What are the different nationalities of the people on here and how long is the process to apply for registered scheme to UK compared to your respective countries?
2. Through experience is it easier to be registered on the scheme if you're part of the EEA than if you're from outside?
3.Is IRIS the only scheme the UK has at the moment?
4. What are the main benefits of the travel schemes you're registered on? What are the disadvantages?
5.How exactly do the schemes contribute to the aviation industry security? For those on the schemes do you feel that it contributes anything?
6. What is the biggest difficulty when applying?
I'm still critically analyzing and researching at the moment but will appreciate any valuable contributions and ideas or even useful links and books I can look at