FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:11 pm
rodsren

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I have had quite a bit of difficulty lately with trying to book OF. I see the availability on the award monthly seat map, but can't get it to book beyond that. When I call the EXP desk, they tell me that I can not request either waitlist or ask the Qantas liaison for help in completing my reservation (we have 3 or 4 trans-pacific already booked and there are 14 seats into the cabin, significantly more than most airlines have, especially in 777ER config. I booked one for myself in P class (first) on the A-380 LAX-MEL #94, but did it the day the flights became available to book on the award calendar.

However, I thought, wouldn't it be a great use of miles to ring my partner with me, and a lot of fun to have someone to experience both the A-380 and Qantas in first class? I have only flown them once in first class and they were much better than United. However, that was a long time ago, a lot has changes (including the first class suite concept.) I think it’s going to be a long haul if I really want to get this seat on July 15th. They are showing very poor availability out of LA in July to any of their non-stop cities (MEL, SYD, Brisbane).