FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1,000,000 bonus miles
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2000, 11:27 am
SamuelS

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Hey there everyone, I have been reading the postings over the last few weeks r;e Latinpas promo with interest.

As those who visit the KLM UK 0n line forum will know, I have been advocating how easy it is to reach the 500,000 half million award as opposed to the 1 million.

For those of you out there who are not as cashy as some, and like me cannot afford to do all trips in business class and shell out over $3800 on air fares alone, then you may be intersted in my 'budget travellers' version.

I have costed an itinerary, and actually planned out the actual timings (!!) and my itinerary would be thus:

DAY1
Miami - Bogota with ACES $425 roundtrip

overnight in Bogota

DAY2
Bogota - Panama City with COPA $339 roundtrip

Panama City - San Jose - San Salvador - Guatamala with TACA, LACSA and AVIATECA

Overnight in Guatamala

DAY3
Guatamala - San Salvador - San Jose with TACA, LACSA and AVIATECA $534 for roundtrip

Overnight in Panama City

DAY4
Panama City - Bogota with AVIANCA

Overnight in Bogota

DAY5
Bogota - Miami with ACES

Total number of nights is 4, and the trip includes travel on the required 6 carriers for a total of $1298 US or around £803

And, unlike many schedules posted, it is a round trip starting and finishing in Miami so all you'd need to do then is either credit a couple of your regular KL flights to the a/c or travel to Miami with US AIRWAYS from most cities within the US (I found a ticket on US AIRWAYS that qualified for the promo and was just $188 r/t from Minneapolis to Miami)

The itinerary also affords almost 24 hours in Panama City, and plenty of time in Bogota, San Jose and Guatamala to explore if you wish!

Kind Regards
Samuel