FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: Phoenix airport screening draws angry complaints
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:32 am
petaluma1

Originally Posted by chollie
PHX has been a badly managed airport for some time now - baggage thefts that didn't get investigated, constant complaints about TSOs and women, particularly women with breast implants - anything breast-related, actually. Remember Stacy Amato? That included misconduct by a manager. Yukio Miyamae? Just showed that you do not want to call the cops at PHX - if anything, they're like bad TSOs on steroids.

I've personally had very bad experiences at T2. The minute I explain that I'm physically unable to assume and hold the position in the NoS, it's the same thing every time: I get told VERY LOUDLY that I am an OPT OUT and off I go to wait for the roughest gropes I ever get anywhere, consistently.

That said, there's something odd in the reporting. There's mention of an older gentleman getting groin-chopped with a wand. IIRC, all wands were (unfortunately) eliminated (taxpayers are probably paying high-priced storage in some politician's friend's warehouse somewhere -or they were sold for pennies on the dollar). I don't doubt he got groin-chopped, but I'd be surprised if it was with a wand.
Actually, the article says:

A man with an enlarged prostate, returning from a recent exam, complained a TSA agent hit him in the genitals with the metal detector.
It could be that the "reporter" got the story mixed up and that the man got chopped after setting off the WTMD.