FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying outbound but need to miss return flight...troubles?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:34 pm
BumpMeVoucherMeATL

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
First timer over in this forum and I apologize for my ignorance but it has been a number of years since I've flown a DL flight and just trying to get some concrete info.

Question: I have a r/t BOS-ATL departing on Sunday and returning on Tuesday. I need to return a day earlier (Monday). I called Delta and with the change fee and fare up the cost would be $504 to change to Monday.

I'm aware that skipping your first flight will theoretically result in cancellation of any other outgoing and returning segments but is there any harm in just not showing up for my return flight? I can hop a US flight for $300 departing on Monday night (my company will pick up the tab).

What I'm concerned about is I probably will need to split the PNR prior (another colleague is flying with me) and will that raise a red flag? Finally, would I be eligible for some sort of credit if I miss the return - not totally important just curious.

Thanks!
Adam
Just same day confirm / standby immediately after checking in for the flight 24 hours in advance. It's a cool glitch in the Delta system. It'll let you select a Monday departure when you check in and do same day confirmed / standby on Monday.