FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - not trying to be negative, but really... DONT rent from BUDGET!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:28 am
rubbernyc

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by gaex
Must agree with OP.
The last time (and probably the last time for ever) I rented from Budget the person at the counter tricked me out of a hundred dollars by asking "Whether that car would be alright for me...?". Not mentioning of course that that would mean an upgrade at cost. Tired and jetlagged I said OK.
Since thenI have learned that this has happened to other people, too.
Always with very much those words. So obviously systematic.
So if you can't avoid Budget at least do not say yes to any however harmless sounding question!
I've experienced that from ALL rental agencies in the past. Some of them get real pushy with the various insurance coverages mainly, after they try to sell you an upgraded vehicle. My worst experience was with a very gentle and lovely grandma next door who was very firm about me not declining insurance. I kindly pointed out the availability of cars at the next counter and to release the car keys or cancel the reservation. I usually only rent from Budget as they have my preferences saved and in most places I go straight to the car and don't have to deal with people. Even in those airport where human interaction is required, they never push anything on me since I have all that marked on my profile.