FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:40 pm
Venomous West

Ok, here's my experience the last few days. First off, I do a lot of online rebates from Newegg which I'm sure quite a few of you do also, and I've always loaded them via the WM MoneyCenter kiosk with no problems. Things started to go awry when the machine was acting funky and no one came to fix it for the longest time, and I still have a bunch of these cards to unload. Then I got an email from BB saying that there weren't gonna be any fees anymore to load debit cards online, so foolishly I jumped at the opportunity and unload 2 cards for around $100.

The next day I tried to add some more and was notified that I needed to call Amex for some verification, which I did, and they asked me to fax photo ID, which I did. Now I can't seem to load any of the cards, at the MoneyCenter kiosk or with the customer service desk. I loaded the first amount for $15.99 and it went through OK, then I tried to load another and now it says invalid PIN. I've tried 3 different cards and it says the same thing, even though I'm sure I've set the PIN's on those correctly. So finally I just gave up. I have not reached any daily or monthly limits, so I'm pretty sure they either flagged my account or limit the types of loading I can do.

The question now is what should I do? Should I wait a few weeks or two and resume again? Or try a different WM store? Should I even attempt to load these onto my parent's Serve accounts? I still have over $300 spanning 14 different cards I need to unload. This is really giving me a headache. And all this started 'cause the people who manage the WM MoneyCenter kiosk always take their sweet time fixing their problematic machines.

After rereading older posts, it's obvious to me that the fatal flaw was me loading the Prepaid/GC's online and that set it all in motion. Now I'm really mad at myself. I wonder if the reason Amex eliminated the debit fees was to lure us to slip up, which I did =/

Last edited by Venomous West; Oct 9, 2013 at 11:54 pm