FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethical Question: Amenities kits in F/J left behind by psgrs. fair game?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:11 pm
LuisHK

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Picking those amenities up never cross my mind but the debate is more like on simple ethics. It's the same a debate on whether you would pick up a seemly abandoned $20 note on the floor...

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
I don't stay at true luxury hotels, but I stay at InterContinentals a fair amount of the time. Usually I get two full sets of toiletries; one set is in the shower and when they're empty, I move the extra set into the shower, and that extra set gets replaced. If I want to steal them, I put the second set in my bag and it gets replaced.

Sometimes, like at the London Park Lane, there's always only one set and it gets replaced daily. This seems wasteful to me, and I actually prefer the first approach cause then I can take home unused ones if I wanted to. Of course I could ask housekeeping for more if really necessary.
I would normally ask housekeeping for more and most of the time they are kind enough to bring more amenities up for my use.

Sometimes taking a bottle of shower foam home is just that I like the amenities - true enough sometimes drives me to buy some of the products too.