FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:17 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by dennycrane1
Pseudo Nim - I completely agree. I pmd Carolyn the following a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.

"Hi Caroline,

I just noticed you've changed the advice on whether BRG stays count or not.

This actually really impacts me quite badly as I booked a stay in Birmingham and a stay in London that are 1 night BRG stays on the basis of the information provided. I've paid for transport to both cities already, and don't really know what to do.

The London stay isn't too bad I guess (though far from ideal), as I'll likely enjoy London anyway, but the Birmingham stay is at the airport hotel, booked solely to fulfill the second of my 2 city stays listed in my Big Win offer.

The original advice was completely unequivocal and i really hope this can be resolved somehow - at least for those of us who have already booked one night BRG rates on the basis of the advice. It's also worth pointing out that I can't now just cancel the BRG nights or not go, as they are nonrefundable and I'll actually be charged the original full amount if I try that.

Please help!

Many thanks,"

This is only going to apply to a small number of people (even less who will actually know/be bothered to raise it) so I see no reason why the advice originally given cannot be honoured one way or another, even if the IT system means points would have to be added manually.

Carolyn - I really appreciate the work you do on here and so don't want to sound like I'm having a go at all, but you must accept that to any fair reader, "BPG stays will count as stays for this promo" would be understood as meaning all BPG stays. The fact that this impression was allowed to continue for such a long period of time as well, meant that I never doubted for a moment that 1 night BRG stays would count.

Like Pseudo Nim, I have absolutely no problem at all with the new terms for bookings from the date of amendment onwards.

There must be some way this can be resolved fairly?
I'd have taken it as paid BRG nights counted, but not the free nights.