FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rank your favorite *A carriers for BUSINESS class
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:15 am
cbourl

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Congrats! Thatīs a nice award!

LX indeed releases plenty of award seats on short-haul flights and some awards in C to the Middle East, but they rarely release C/F awards on long-haul routes. F awards will only be available to M&M SEN/HON members effective next year and C award space on long-haul flights is pretty non-existent on TATL routes and extremely rare on any other intīl route. Iīm actually really surprised you were able to snag DEL-ZRH in LX C.

The UA website occasionally displays phantom LX C award space that doesnīt actually exist, but I donīt think Iīve seen LX C award space on a long-haul route in over a year.

Upgrade awards work slightly differently with LX as one can sometimes upgrade using *A mile/instruments even when no award space is available. I honestly have no clue what the alogorithm is in that case.
Thx yes it is a great award and I love LX C on the A330/A340 in 4A $A all the way on all the LX flights - good to have Miles and More Senator status! Go United and go Lufti Group!!!!