FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest rates ever, by Starwood hotel
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:44 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by zagy
Excellent idea TravelinSperry!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by zagy
This is a very valid comment. It's unrealistic that SGS will have another price like the one mentioned.

Another example: Westin Lima was available last night for just $25!

What about a FROM x TO y formulation? Other ideas?
I assume you're referring to the Summer rate listed at SGS, since there are currently 2 rates listed. And I don't disagree - seems unlikely that rate comes around again - although on the other hand, if you asked me in July if that rate would ever come around I'd have bet you no (and lost obviously!). It appears the 2 outlier rates in our limited sample size come from 3rd party sites. All the others are rates available on SPG and give a good sense of a great rate.

I find the list very helpful. For example, at the Le Meridien Bangkok I now have a good sense that if I can find a 3,000 THB ++ rate I should take it. Currently, the best I can find is ~4,000 THB for Nov 2013, which is good - but not great, so I'm keeping my eyes open for a better rate.

Now, to your point, I would LOVE to grab that SGS rate - and would book it in 1 second if I could find it. Does it help us to remove/block all 3rd party rates because they are outliers? Or does it teach us to check 3rd parties more often (I'm guilty of primarily searching SPG as I want my elite benefits and don't usually bother with BRG claims). Perhaps that's a mistake on my part?

Perhaps - we should have a 4 season rate for SPG, with a 1-time per property absolute lowest 3rd party rate (anything more gets cumbersome to read). It seems helpful to know about that 3rd party website - which I've been checking like a madman since I saw that SGS rate

Thoughts?