FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:06 am
Snacky

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The way things are going with DY, you will be late. I'm certain its not the choice of DY, but thats how things are running right now...
We just got word from our beloved DY by SMS, that the flight to BKK today (DY7201) will depart at least one hour late (due to "technical issues" they say over the loudspeakers now). Looks like I will be a little late into BKK after all, let's see what happens. Things have been running more smoothly for DY the last week, so I have high hopes to bid Norway a fond farewell in just a couple of hours or so

UPDATE: Looks like the flight will leave around 17:00 now, that's one hour and forty minutes late. Still within my limits for my next flight out of BKK tomorrow.

UPDATE2: The long awaited dreamliner is being towed towards the gate as of this moment.

UPDATE3: We actually left at 17:35, two hours and fifteen minutes late and now I have finally arrived in BKK, equivalently late. Well, it could have been worse, as a few other passengeres lost their (even shorter) connections and ofcourse they were in shambles and yelled at DY (that's mandatory now right?) for not caring . I on the other hand found out that there is no way to transfer from a LCC to another "normal" carrier, so I had to go the long way through immigration and check-in and I had to go twice through security (because of my failed first attempt at transfering).

UPDATE4: Well, this feels like a pretty sad monologue right now, but wouldn't you know it, my connecting flight also got delayed (by 50 mins). I realize I can't be on a lucky streak every time, even though when I'm in Asia I always make sure to buy stuff and use services from vendors with "lucky" in the company name

UPDATE5: To further add to todays misery, there's no hot water in my hotel. What a terrific day ...

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Oct 6, 2013 at 5:39 am