FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:09 am
guyinmotion

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by misterbean
On int'l you get free wine and beer in Y, so EC will give you free cocktails.

Since you're 6'6", I would only consider taking the EC bulkhead (22ABC, 22HJK, 24 DEFG) over your current seats. Otherwise I would keep my Y seats.

By the way, it's a 13 hr flight ATL-NRT, then you're deplaning so you have a chance to recharge a little for a couple of hours before NRT-BKK.
Originally Posted by tentseller
The only better seats if you need legroom are row 22 ABC and HJK.

Do not take middle bulkhead of 24 DEFG. Passengers on TPAC flights tends to use the space in front of row 24 DEFG as a passage between the two aisles.

I disagree with tentseller. I fly the DL 747-400 product quite often both on Economy Comfort and Business. When I fly on EC, I always go for the bulkhead of 24DEFG because of the extra legroom (more so than 22ABC and HJK). Passengers have crossed infront of me from zero times to maybe once or twice per flight. I prefer this and have the extra legroom.

And BEWARE of seats 22ABC and HJK. The constant traffic to the lavatories, which are right in front of these seats, is extremely bothersome. Not to mention, sometimes bad odors and the constant noise from toilet flushes are enough to make the entire flight experience hell!

Anyhow, I would choose EC seats over regular Y anytime, especially considering your height and the need to stretch during long-haul flights.

For expert reviews on airline seats, visit: seatguru.com

Last edited by guyinmotion; Oct 6, 2013 at 12:14 am