FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:09 pm
Lemma

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Really? my card number is printed on the WM receipt. I'd be surprised if that info is not passed onto AMEX. If yes, it means AMEX knows if they choose to check. If AMEX does not care, why they shut down people's account when they load money from the same type of card?
Look at your BB account history sometime. It shows Walmart loads as "Cash" regardless of how you paid. What makes you think WM sends your receipt to Amex? They show that same info about the card you paid with on your receipt regardless of whether you are loading BB, buying MO, or just doing normal shopping there. I'm guessing Walmart just authorizes a Bluebird load for X amount with Amex (to make sure you aren't exceeding 1k/5k limits), then after you pay they confirm the load and Amex puts the money in your account. Also if you look at the page that lists options for loading BB there's no mention of using debit cards at Walmart, and the 1k/5k limit is listed as cash, combined Walmart and VR loads, with no mention of debit.