FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:45 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I've found another contract which I may try. Ms isabelle birem. She's the senior VP of Sales. Also in charge of the website.. She was up to early 2012 managing AF's flying blue... Hmmmmm
Don't bother contacting anyone. Accor clearly does all it can not to honor best rate guarantees. 20 days after I submitted my online best price guarantee (yes, you read correct, 20 days), I finally received a response declining my claim. Here's what they said:

"After study, it appears that your request does not meet one condition of the ‘Best Price Guarantee’. The rate that you have booked is a promotional rate (Le Club 20% off rate) which has no equivalent rate from any other website. As stated in the conditions, the rate booked should be equivalent with the rate found on another website. In this case, the conditions of the "Best Price Guarantee" cannot be applied."

I just can't get my head around this response. The rate is supposedly a good deal (by the mere fact that it's discounted 20% off their rate), however it isn't the lowest rate available. That I found on a competing third party website (getaroom.com). However, they will not honor the best price guarantee - because the 20% off rate isn't bookable at getaroom.com? Huh?!!?!? So, if I had booked their standard, albeit higher, best available rate, would they have honored it then? Are they then suggesting we all must book rack/best available rates via their website (and not the lowest one's we see) as only those are eligible?

With 20 days to respond and an answer like this, I'm not hopeful. It's clear they provide any feeble excuse to decline my claim.

I should've just booked direct with getaroom.com in the first place. Now I'm stuck with their higher rate (due to their 20 day delay, the 3rd party rate is gone).

One more upset customer Accor. Why run a program like this? What purpose does it serve you? Just shut it down. I was happy with Accor prior to this fiasco.