FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All New Airpoints Credit Card
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:01 am
poopbunny

With liberal far right political views, I hated how Kiwibank was formed. I hate how my visits to the post office for post office related matters (parcel/post not rego renewals) can be clogged by Kiwibank customers with affairs that can be done online anyway. I even hate the name Kiwibank.

However, when the new Kiwibank Airpoints credit card was introduced, based on the amount of spending I do, the additional status/airpoints earning over the next best card was too much to ignore. Something, I initially shrugged off as insignificant.

Loathed to change, I sent an email off to ANZ who replied that they have no plans in the near future to match Kiwibank's earn rates.

I have made an application, in the process I have found out that they don't issue supplementary cards to the same name, useful if you have to say, split work related spending from personal. This is something Amex has done for me in the past.

So I still have Amex with hundreds of thousands of points, an ANZ Qantas Platinum with hundreds of thousand Qantas FF points (useful to keep Qantas points from expiring if you hardly fly them). With the high fees of my ANZ Airpoints Platinum, it would be hard to justify keeping both Kiwibank and ANZ Platinums.

Not being a current Kiwibank customer, I am going to trial their online statements and see if it suits me. I quite like ANZ statements going back many years!