View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 13, 8:07 pm
msh2013

stay away from Priceline..

[QUOTE=redtop43;18488280]
Using Priceline’s “Name Your Own Price" for Hotels

I had a very bad experience with Priceline.com and I am not going to use this website again.
I was travelling to Europe for three weeks and I rented a car through Priceline.com from the Berlin airport about 3 months in advance. At the time I made my purchase, their price was about 2 Dollars per day cheaper than other website and I would save almost 50 Dollars by booking with them and so I went ahead and did so. When I went to pick up my car, I was told by the car rental company that the car I booked (economy) is not available and I was instead offered a similar car (compact) at 20 dollars per day more expensive. This now meant that I had to pay more than 400 Dollars extra.
I called Priceline and explained what was going on and I was told that they were not responsible for guaranteeing the availability of the vehicles and when I asked them why do they ask for my credit card information to confirm my reservation, the customer service agent told me that he can proceed and cancel my reservation without charging may card!!
Long story short, I not only had a very bad start of my trip, but also ended up paying 380 Dollars more than what I would have normally paid had I used a different website to arrange my car rental.
All I can say is that Priceline.com is not conducting business honestly. What is the point of quoting a price to the customer and then confirming his reservation after getting his credit card details when you simply won't accept any responsibility and won't guarantee the reservation. How is that even reservation. To me it sounds more like a trap. They simply quote you a cheap price and if you are lucky and get it, they earn their commission and if you don't get it, you are the one who is screwed and Priceline will not accept any responsibility.... and who knows, maybe they still get paid..
I would say stay away...