FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Time Precheck Coming to ORD T3 Center Security Line (Priority Access Only)
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:25 pm
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by aafreq
I just 'passed' thru this very checkpoint today at 7:45 AM....
Traveling in F....printed out my BP at home and noticed NO pre pass logo,
Despite being GOES qualified !
Stopped by the counter and was told that pre pass no longer appears on the BP...
Printed out new BP still with no pre pass logo...Told by agent that the logo no longer is printed
Accessed the pre pass lane.....had 10 PAX waiting in line, being F entered the F lane to the RIGHT of pre pass lane and was 'cleared' NOT to pre pass lane but to standard F lane...
Off came the shoes, belt, computer etc.....what da ...why did I pay $100.00 for this ???
Random or not this is ludicrous !!!
This whole post is extremely strange to me. First of all, GOES is the system to enroll in the trusted traveler programs, such as Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI. I don't know what "pre pass" is, but I assume you're talking about PreCheck. The AAgent may be misinformed, but the PreCheck logo does in fact appear on boarding passes now, whether printed at home, mobile, or printed at the kiosk (not sure about the ones printed on the card stock by an airport agent).

What do you mean you "accessed the pre pass lane"? Isn't there only the one entrance (unless you come from the Flagship Check in, which places you on the left side right in front of the ID Checker), after which your boarding pass is scanned and you're either directed to the left (for the PreCheck lane) or to the right for regular screening?

Also, random means random. How many times do you fly and how many do you get selected for random screening? Calling the system ludicrous for being randomly selected for regular screening once out of the many times one flies would be, well, ludicrous.

Last edited by Apieinthesky; Oct 2, 2013 at 3:28 am Reason: typo