FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler Sues United [Judgment for UA Jan 2014] Judgment Affirmed Dec 2014
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:38 pm
pdx1M

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
You all certainly have the right to try to read this stuff however you want and to try to litigate to get that reading made the correct one. I wish you the best with that. But I really see a lot of "convenient" reading of the promises here. Some claim that you were promised tier 2 but in fact PE went from tier 2 to tier 3 when GS was introduced (well after the existence of the MM program) and claiming that GS isn't part of MP is disingenuous because it absolutely created a new priority tier above you. Some fasten on the "with all benefits included" phrase as key when all that really seems to say is that they promised you full PE and not some PE lite where you didn't get all of whatever PEs were getting in a given year. I really do suggest that you just try to go unemotionally read the letter that Fredd posted above - it is really remarkably clear. They promised you PE. Not the benefits of PE, not whatever PE happened to get in 2003 or 2005 or whenever - they promised you would belong to the PE tier and that you'd be treated as such. There isn't any ambiguity in that letter. As I said above the only possible ambiguity is in what to map PE to. And there you'll have to make an argument that a category is defined by its resultant benefits rather than by its entry criteria in order to make a case for PE being other than PG. Perhaps you can do that, but I predict it will be extremely hard because in pretty much all fields of endeavor categories are defined by their qualification criteria (and I am not talking FF programs here - I'm talking categories in any field such a science). I understand the unhappiness and I agree that UA has in general screwed many of us. But that doesn't change what they promised and what they are doing.