FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules against campaigning prevent TalkBoard from being relevant to most users
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:38 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm sure nobody would argue with that.

BTW, we do appreciate constructive criticism, and such has been useful in our training and best practices. I suspect we will be discussing the issue of the difference between discussing specific moderator actions and applicable general discussion of moderation, for instance.

(At the Mod training we pay to attend, by the way - though there is a modest stipend, unless you are traveling from PDX to SEA it won't cover transport, much less transportation and lodging.)

It takes a lot of people to keep things running well, and with different work may come different perspectives - communication helps bridge the gaps that might exist. Campaigning is merely communication - but some limitations have been put on that communication, so here we are discussing it (well, as a moderator I am not so much dealing with that).

Originally Posted by travelkid
And still a great than you to the mods as a group^ FT would never have been this good without you. I would just like to see it improved even more.