FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long before the Concierge Service is gutted?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:32 pm
Tedgrrrr

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by gglave
Impressive. Concierges service AC's more important customers, yet making those customers happy causes a concierge to risk being disciplined.
Yes! This is the nonsense I've mentioned many times before where I was paying $300 more to go FLL-YYZ-YVR-YYC, so that I could get a pod on YYZ-YVR, and they kicked me off my flight under the guise that there would only have been 30 min left from the time I checked my bag back in after customs - and so I said fine that sucks but I can live with it, put me YYZ-YYC direct, and the concierge kept saying she would get in trouble, and that i had to keep the same routing, even without pod - had to argue for 30 min, and finally pull out the "I had a kosher meal ordered on the original flight, you damn well better on this flight, or else you'll offend my religious sensibilities" card. That incident and one with the old man at LHR have soured my view on concierges.