FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - fly to Burlington then bus to Montreal?
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:32 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've used BTV in leiu of YUL before...I love it. Our destination is usually right near Chambly (a little east of Montreal), so from the time we exit the plane to the time we're at our destination is probably not that much longer than if we'd flown into YUL. Nice airport, quick & easy rental cars, no traffic or border issues that we've ever encountered. (YUL to/from the east side of Montreal can entail very bad traffic if you hit it at the wrong time.)

Never done a bus...that sounds like torture. On a weekender, the rental cars should be cheap...I know my weekly rates out of BTV have been very good in the past. Yes, parking can be a problem if you're staying directly in downtown Montreal...maybe if I planned to be downtown all weekend, I'd look at a train option.

Every now and then, when I'm searching for flights, I'll see Plattsburg as a potential option. But I've never seen a cheap flight into there that would tempt me to book it.