FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:17 am
jmgriffin

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I reached out to Le Méridien Bali to see if it's possible to confirm an upgrade prior to arrival when booking with points, here's what I got back:
JMGRIFFIN: I see that I can book the "Classic: 2 Double Beds" room for 12,000 Starpoints per night during these dates.

If booked, can you advise if it would be possible to pay cash to receive an upgrade to a Suite, Villa or a "Aqua Pool Sky Penthouse"?

LM BALI: Thank you for your email and contacting me directly in regards of your upcoming journey. Yes, you can upgrade the room to penthouse or villa with a top up price as both categories are not considered as standard Suites room for upgrade of our SPG member.

I am happy to offer you a special rate of USD 300 for villa and penthouse at USD 400, price quoted subject to 21% tax and service. Please let me know if the offers are accepted therefore I can organize the space for you.

JMGRIFFIN:Thank you for the very prompt reply! Are the rates of 300 USD for a villa and 400 USD for a penthouse a per night rate or total price for the 5-night stay?

LM BALI: I am sorry for the confusion. Price will be per night.

JMGRIFFIN:Thanks but wow, those rates are quite high! Is there any possibility to get a better rate?

For example I see that I could book the Oceanic View Sky Villa for $377/night or the Aqua Pool Sky Penthouse for $380/night during those same dates so booking with points and then doing the top up of $300-400/night doesn't make much sense. An upgrade rate of $100/night might be more reasonable?

LM BALI: Thank you for your email. The offers of USD 377 (villa) and Penthouse at USD 380 is the pre paid promo rate at our web inclusive advance deposit required.
Happy to reduce the upgrade fee if you wish to have the pre paid upgrade as well.

But I could not go lower than USD 150 + 21 % tax and service / night, Top up from the existing room that you have booked.
This offers valid for both penthouse and villa, Let me know if you are interest ? I am attaching the form that you have to filled up and return to my self to secured the villa or penthouse space.
The amount will be charge directly to your credit card details provided.