FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long before the Concierge Service is gutted?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:39 am
BrotherBranwell

Originally Posted by acysb87
I agree that choice is restricted ex YSB, and expensive. Hence my revenue based advocacy for FF status . I was always amazed that 10K, or less worth of travel to ASIA would get you SE status . For many years I labored in Y with approximately 100 segments annually and all it got me was E. It was also expensive.
But AC doesn't have anything like a revenue based FF program. Buy a $10K TATL J ticket and you get virtually nothing from AC.

AC management seem to have taken the ridiculously simple view that SEs are valuable - while all other FFs are not worth having. This would include all mid-tier elites and also those pax who buy full fare J tickets - who they continue to treat as second class citizens.

I'm not sure why anyone would continue to defend a management team that has such a simplistic, naïve and poorly thought through approach to customer relations?

Back on topic I think that AC will likely keep the concierge program for the immediate future - if only due to management's poorly constructed approach to customer segmentation.