FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - fly to Burlington then bus to Montreal?
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:25 am
mrkymark

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So to preface, I went to school in Burlington so I know what I am talking about and I traveled to YUL a lot. It is hella cheap to fly into BTV v YUL.

1. Plattsburg is not a great option. It's much more "regional" than BTV. And BTV has a pretty nice Airport. At least with BTV tons of JFK/ORD/EWR flights. JetBlue mainline from NYC. Solid DL/UA presence.
2. As far as I know there is no direct bus from BTV airport to YUL airport.
3. Once on arrival to BTV you hail a cab to drive u to the Burlington Bus Terminal, a 7-10 dollar ride. You board Greyhound and within 2-2.5 hrs with a border crossing you are dropped off in semi central Montreal, not the far away YUL airport. From there you can take le Metro to get whereever you want. Bus fare is affordable. The bus is actually quite comfortable as well.
4. Montreal is congested and parking is expensive. If you can do without a car just take the bus there. From there for inner city transport, Le Metro is awesome.
5. Amtrak from NYC to Montreal Central takes 8 hrs I think and it is not cheap.

And by the way if you have a few hrs or days to spend in Burlington it really is a charming city that is very enjoyable. PM me if you have any more questions about it!

Last edited by mrkymark; Sep 30, 2013 at 4:34 am