FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK MBNA credit cards
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:45 am
jamjaruk

I've had the Emirates card for 3 months now and including the bonus points on Elite card I have earned 35,587 miles, enough for a 1 leg upgrade. Luckily the miles don't expire until Feb 2017. It would have cost me £675 to purchase these miles, so I have already benefited by only paying £150 for the card.

I already booked a package with Emirates Tours in Feb, but they wouldn't let me use my 10% discount to pay for it last month, which was a bit of a disappointment as their terms and conditions did not state a cut-off date etc.

I bought miles for my younger brother and the 25% discount could not be applied online, I bought the miles at no discount and informed Emirates of the error. They investigated and realised the mistake, so instead of giving me 25% discount refund they credited his account with the required miles.

Purchased of miles online earned me 0% for 12 months, but the balance was already paid off.

My current spend so far has been £13,500 so I am close to receiving the companion ticket. Which is pleasing but god knows what the restrictions are.

The £150 discount on Business class ticket I will have to pass up as I don't fly business, wish I could.

Now the last benefit. Emirates business class lounge check-in for Economy class. I booked my holiday with emirates tours in Feb and 90% of the balance was paid with my Emirates Elite card last month. Do I have the benefit of using the business class lounge? I have amex receipts, do I show these receipts to the staff at the Heathrow lounge? My e-ticket receipts shows paid by cash, which is wrong.

Overall, I am happy with the card