FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ireland CDW coverage no longer excluded from Chase co-brand airline Signature Visas?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:04 pm
philwupdx

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rcurry01
Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other Visa Signature cards that also have this benefit now? I would be interested in any reports on using this benefit in Ireland.
Chase/JP Morgan has obviously issued new guides to benefits for their entire portfolio of cards.
My new benefit guide for the JP Morgan Select Visa (same for Palladiium) continues to offer primary CDW coverage. Even though the cover letter stated that this benefit was "enhanced," I couldn't determine what was enhanced.

As of 11/2010 the CDW benefit reads: "This benefit is available in the United States and most foreign countries. No coverage is provided for motor vehicles rented in Israel, Jamaica, or the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Additionally, coverage is not available where precluded by law..."

As everyone has pointed out, the new guide simply reaffirms "most foreign countries" and that "coverage is not available where...prohibited by law or by individual merchants...we recommend that you check with your auto rental company and Benefit Administrator before you travel to make sure your auto rental CDW will apply."

I just returned from Northern Ireland and rented a car in Derry through Enterprise. The new guide to benefits had not been published yet. It cost $39.95 USD including "full" coverage that reduced my liability (deductible) to $100 USD. While I reserved and charged the rental to my JPM Select Visa, I did not expect coverage through the card's primary CDW (based on the previous statement). As it was, the rate was inexpensive enough.