FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules against campaigning prevent TalkBoard from being relevant to most users
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:17 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The actual Guideline / TOS is

Discussing Specific Moderator Actions - link to this guideline
On-board discussion of moderator decisions - including post deletions and member discipline - is not allowed and will be removed. Members will also be subject to disciplinary action. Similarly, posts announcing a member's return to FlyerTalk after a suspension or ban are not allowed. If you have a question about a moderator action, contact the moderator directly or Carol (SanDiego1k[/URL]).
But discussion and opinion about moderation, the moderation process and moderators is off topic here and subject to deletion unless it is related to the topic at hand: Rules against campaigning prevent TalkBoard from being relevant to most users.

There is nothing implicit or explicit that prevents members from discussing TalkBoard campaign rules and policy in the proper forum (in an airline or destination forum, it would be moved here), and I certainly hope we have not said anything that would lead any member to think differently.

(That's my job as a moderator - remind members of the TOS, welcome people and try to guide others to information sources, keep threads on topic, move them if they are in the incorrect forum, dispatch spammers, etc. My tiara is on a very dusty closet shelf, and as a member of some putative ruling class my actions are subject to review and corrective or disciplinary action by those who do manage this website.)