FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:32 pm
rdover1

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by BenH
Have we recognized any pattern yet as to *when* an account gets shut down?
I mean I know they *why* is kind of all over the place - as some people are still around with seemingly the same load/unload behavior.

But, for those getting shut down - is it happening like right when you have done a load or unload, or...?

I believe I read that at least one person was shut down in the middle of loading cards (i.e. they loaded one or two fine, and then got denied for more).

Trying to determine if it is more likely a real-time process flagging accounts, or some sort of weekly/monthly report review...

A real-time closure seems very strange, but I suppose it can "lock" the account for manual review and then they decide to close it.
My suspicion is that this is currently being done with periodic sweeps, and not yet automated. Most likely is they look for total loaded as a 1st flag, then look for unloads. There are exceptions reported and it could be as little as separating cash loads from debit loads. (How many 'real' customers do debit loads?).

So for me the only guide is hit it hard as you will be shutdown for MS and if you keep your MS so low as to try to fly under the radar it becomes pointless (literally).