FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for 3rd Bus Class YYC to LHR (Newb)
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:53 am
RobbH

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Very challenging to get 3 J seats on multi-leg like that. Are you really sure you can't send one person on a different flight to the other two?
It's like this: I'm taking my 72 yr old mother back to the "home country" - she's never travelled to Europe and never flown alone.. so, to begin with, the two of us are joined at the hip... the 3rd ticket (you guessed) is my wife.. and while she's flown with me to Europe several times, she's somewhat timid and the idea of sending her on a leg on her lonesome, isn't going to happen.. though I did float the idea of her arriving a day later and I pick her up at airport, etc.. but she would rather sit in economy.

So.. back to square one - which is most likely I use AP to book the two J class seats (seems pretty easy this far ahead) and then find a way to increase chances of wife getting moved to J..

Or - it appears, I could wait a month and see if other carriers create more availability.. though searching right now, it seems unlikely I'm ever going to get the transatlantic leg with 3 confirmed J class seats even if I wait for other carriers (unless I'm missing something).

So - so far, the plan seems to be to book flights on Tues or Wed (least busy), put wife on the same flight via mixed J/Y business class reward; economy Latitude ticket; OR Y class reward.. and then phoning AP every day thereafter to see if something opens up?