FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules against campaigning prevent TalkBoard from being relevant to most users
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:52 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Right, but none of the official promotion and messaging tells anyone why TalkBoard is important...
I believe you have begged the question here....

Originally Posted by Jenbel
I actually think that TB has become not relevant to FT (and that's why the majority of FTers are not interested in it). It was an interesting experiment, but times have changed. We have a Community Director who is able to make decisions now. Close TB and move on.
+1

Most of the TB folks are honorable, sincere folks, but there is nothing like this on any other informational bulletin board that I'm aware of and the sturm und drang, other agendas by some, etc., etc. just don't add much to the purpose of FlyerTalk being the premier source for travel information about points and miles.

I maintained to FlyerTalk's former owner and I maintain to the CD that if they want input on something, they can ask folks whom they trust.

If you look at best practices for the most successful IBBs there is nothing like a "TalkBoard" among those practices.

They all do have something in common that FlyerTalk mostly has (although not completely adequately imo) but that that would take this thread in another direction....