FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:39 pm
ucacm

My boss and I were delayed at DFW on September 19th. Flight was originally supposed to leave around 8PM, but did not depart til after 1AM due to thunderstorms. We both checked bags. By the time we claimed our bags it was after 230AM and both had over an hour drive home.

Upon unpacking over the weekend, both of us had luggage that was totally soaked. Luckily, i only had a couple of inexpensive ties that were ruined. My boss had a bunch of paperwork in her luggage that got completely ruined. AA is refusing any compensation whatsoever, citing its policy that all claims must be made within 24 hours.

The amount of water in our luggage indicates that they were stored outside for a prolonged period during a pretty heavy rain. I am not talking about a little dampness, but being completely soaked in water.

Is there any way to get AA to reconsider? I am Gold status if that makes any difference.