FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm almost done with Avis
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:23 am
vatali

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by born sleepy
I get treated decently.

But what is above First that doesn't require me to be a corporate executive e.g. President level or whatever?

I am in Avis cars almost every week (corporate policy) for 4-6 days. I also get stupid-cheap rates, usually less than $30/day. So while there's no financial incentive for them to treat me special I sure wouldn't mind a surprise real upgrade once in awhile (and don't insult me by claiming that a pre-2014 Impala is an upgrade).
Talk to your corporate travel manager. Explain the issues you have been having. If you don't get results internally, send a complaint to Avis or fill out the reviews honestly. Your corporate contact from Avis may contact you (or you can find out who it is). Document accurately what is happening to you.

Once I did this Avis did a much better job of treating me better. But I had facts, pictures, receipts, etc to back up my history. After several attempts to resolve the issues I was having my corporate rep upgraded me to PC. and no, I'm not a president. not yet anyway.

Avis wants to protect its long term customers. They can do things to make it right for you, but they need to know things are not right currently. I have the same travel as you (4 days a week, nearly every week in a different city so that no single place gets used to me). Once they became aware of the issues they were happy to resolve them.

Give them a chance to make it right.