FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Center West/Pushkin Courtyard, St. Petersburg, Russia
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:52 am
Merlion

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by urban5
I am looking to stay three nights in St Petersburg at the Center West/Pushkin Courtyard. Can anyone offer any insights on this hotel and the area its located. Looks like there is quite a bit to see nearby and the hotel offers a free shuttle into the main part of the City. Purpose of my visit is sightseeing, and I have Gold status.
This is quite average property to be precise. It is good for short stay if you are on budget, but it's not property to have good memories about.

Location wise OK from the perspective of location itself, but it's quite difficult to get there or out unless you use a shuttle.

Rooms are OK, but nothing to get excited too. Gold status won't give you any additional privileges, because all rooms are the same if I recall correctly.

Breakfast very poor.

Beer restaurant downstairs is probably the only bright spot at this property, but since you are there for sightseeing, you won't use it.

Please understand, I am not against this hotel. I will stay there again if required and it will be ok, but I won't stay there if on my budget. I would prefer to pay extra in points or $ for the other Courtyard in town on Vasilyevsky island if on my own dime. It is much better.

Feedback above is specifically with respect to Marriott options. There are MUCH better options for Luxury forum and for SPG participants.