FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:45 am
wutlol

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by Stripy
I don't believe this is a feature of the $450 card.
It was advertised on my promotional materials as such.

Originally Posted by abk
I have an amex plat and the citi exec and both have a chip and sign. I am curious if you are aware of any US cards that are chip and pin as opposed to signature? One of my other cards just converted to chip and sign which as I understand it is the US standard. True? I am an Asia guy and all work there fine.
I apologize, most are set up as chip and sign. I'm used to my UK NatWest cards, which are chip and pin, and used that term interchangeably with EMV. I'm not certain if you can set up a PIN for these and use them as a C&P or not. PenFed offers a true Chip and PIN and sometimes one may use the cash advance PIN on their C&S card successfully.

Swipe is still standard in the US but we are converting to EMV (and thus chip and signature) in the next few years. Standard in Europe is EMV with a preference for chip and pin. Certain automated kiosks will not work with chip and signature alone.