FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ Check-in Time
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:33 pm
TravellingSalesman

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
YYZ being a US airport?

Other than the scrum at 4:00 a.m. for the 4:30 opening of the US immigration, I've never seen much of a crowd for US preclearance in Toronto.

Of course even at 4:30 a.m. I use Nexus or Global Entry so there is a separate line with 12 people in it vs. the line with 1000 people in it for regular entry. I have always marveled at the size of the 4:30 a.m. line but people all seem to board if they arrive at the airport properly.
Hm. Not being eligible for NEXUS I can tell you that recently preclearance has become a right nuisance. All the flights before 10am I have taken in recent months we were either delayed or they left some people behind, still stuck in the queue.

And arriving early simply doesn't help: once I arrived at YYZ at 6.30 for a 10am flight (mixed up different reservations). Because the queue was so long they wouldn't let people until shortly before their flight: I saw this fluctuating between 60 and 90 minutes. It then still took me a whole hour to get through the queue once I was in it.

CBP officers with their usual sloth-like working speed sure didn't help, but they were way understaffed.