FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:09 pm
fcgoal

We just stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and I agree with what Jayer said above.
It is a very OK hotel. The hallways are a bit dated, but the lobby and bar/lounge area are very nice. The diamond buffet breakfast was perfectly fine. Not as good as I've had even at some US Hyatts, but above average by an American standard (I haven't been to enough hotels in Canada to know whether the standard there is generally higher or lower).
There was pepper on the tables for breakfast :-)
We had a room on a high floor, as diamonds, but the view was terrible. I suppose I should've asked for a room with a nice view, but I just thought being on the top floor we would have one. We mostly could see the side of the other wing of the hotel. Oh well.
The location is very good. You are quite centrally located and can get to the metro without going outside by going through the Place des Jardins then Place des Arts. It's quite a nice way to enter the subway, actually.
Easy walk to chinatown and old Montreal.