FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ Check-in Time
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:02 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Has anyone had a recent experience checking-in and going through US Customs at YYZ ? I'm hearing some horror stories of 3-4 hour waits to clear at some US airports due to cutbacks. I'm on a 3:15 flight from YYZ on a Wednesday in first class. Any suggestions as to what time I should check-in ? Is there a priority security line at YYZ ?
YYZ being a US airport?

Other than the scrum at 4:00 a.m. for the 4:30 opening of the US immigration, I've never seen much of a crowd for US preclearance in Toronto.

Of course even at 4:30 a.m. I use Nexus or Global Entry so there is a separate line with 12 people in it vs. the line with 1000 people in it for regular entry. I have always marveled at the size of the 4:30 a.m. line but people all seem to board if they arrive at the airport properly.

There is a priority line for NEXUS for sure, and there is another one as well but I am not sure of the qualifications. Even with NEXUS at 4:30 a.m. I am usually first for security regardless of security line. But I have seen a priority sign just as you enter the security zone and another for NEXUS so that must mean something good for elites or J/F passengers, you'd think.

There is an Admiral's Club, not the greatest but checking in early could allow that and lessen your worry-meter for the time.

Did you look at the GTAA web site to see what they say on this matter?